Thursday, March 08, 2012

Björk - Play Dead (Official Video)



Roll out, roll down, my darling.  Oh, no,
marbles hit the floor, break into shards.
Eyes that searched and found what they were
not looking for shatter over what they see.
I keep telling the truth; my sight is too vivid for sleep.
I keep pointing out facts. My words are sharp and ring
sweet for the few, mammalian ears. Pour it in, alien,  
there, inside. Pour what falls innately. Heed, petty votaries
even the Rabbit is dressed for school.  You raise your hand.
Ask why it was and how it is that things disappear.
I stare at the back of your head, invisible, wanting to touch you.
Chalk dust, the torn fingernail, drifts into the corner where my desk sits.
You don’t look around. You don’t look at all. You keep asking
for answers from a carnival gypsy – she’s a dummy in a box, behind the glass



No comments:

Any Colour You Like