Monday, July 09, 2012

My week with Marilyn - That old black magic.wmv









Muggy night in the borough. Went for a stroll at 10 pm. Down the middle of Water and Omega and School, I walked twirling my arms and singing. trying not to run into people, I ducked down alleys laughing. I am at the beginning of a creative manic spell. Writing well for the first time in a while.




Enjoy some of the sensuality I felt tonight.




That Old Black Magic




Just read an article on The Chronicle of Higher Education by David Yaffe titled "Some Artists Really Are Too Cool for School." Yaffe quotes Leonard Cohen: Leonard Cohen not only has a literature degree from McGill but even went to grad school at Columbia. (He described his year there as "passion without flesh, love without climax.")




Reading this, doesn't the period come after the parentheses, even though it's a quote?? I can't find any rules on this in my searches. Doesn't a period overrule a parentheses at the end of a sentence? Yaffe orders his grammar as above in two sentences in the above article.




Anyway, the way Cohen describes grad school is the way I would describe my state of being at present. Well, actually, over the last 13 years.




Alarming - I am noticing whole words missing from my posts once I post them, and I have read them through and made sure each sentence is complete. My mouse jumps from paragraph to paragraph frequently. I'll be typing and then next thing I know, whole sections are erased, or I am suddenly typing in a paragraph other than where I started.

No comments:

When I was 29 and all the world was in front of me and I was unselfconscious and world-building. Internally, I built worlds of sound, color,...