Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Whole Milk for All



Rachel Maddow, yet again, has begun tonight's show with succinct brilliance. Using a clip of the Supreme Court proceedings from today of two exchanges between judges and attorneys, she perfectly framed today's significance and searing energy.  Ruth Ginsburg, pint-sized powerhouse that she is, stole the show and showed those conservative bullies who's the brainiac on the bench.  

Yes, Rachel, skim milk is delicious; and Harvey Milk, by way of celestial allusion, makes an appearance for all milk by the example of his legacy, your stellar journalism, and the Supreme Court's little dynamo, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg . Ms. Kaplan was also brilliant with her "Sea Change" response. And Roberts knows in his heart that this is the time, long overdue, to not give, not permit, but to stop holding back the gates of divine progress. 

Flip it, Roberts!!  

I need a quote of Kaplan's response to "Bowers ... Lawrence..I don't think that gay people have that power..." 
I am on the transcripts page for the hearing. When I find the section I mean to quote, I will put it up here. Until then, Keep Moving Forward.     

No comments:

When I was 29 and all the world was in front of me and I was unselfconscious and world-building. Internally, I built worlds of sound, color,...