Thursday, March 28, 2013

Searching for Debra Winger


For one of the elective courses I designed and taught - a course called Women in Film, I chose this documentary to show the class. It is one of my favorite films and it just speaks to everything that is wrong with media, Hollywood, men, and especially the sexualization of women - by men and women. I've embedded some clips here, but it is so worth renting on Netflix or buying - I watch it every few months just to clear my head of all the nonsense going on around me, the world, to remind myself that there are intelligent, beautiful, sharp, witty, sane, civilized women out there.  Enjoy...


1 comment:

The Dandelion Tamer said...

What Particia Arquette says, starting at about 7:45 is riveting. So so worth finding a version for non Spanish speaking viewers. She is mesmerizing. She is so wise, well grounded, real, and zen.

When I was 29 and all the world was in front of me and I was unselfconscious and world-building. Internally, I built worlds of sound, color,...