Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Finished Enduring Love

Great pace and emotional yank-factor funhouse energy and wit. It's nice to be the author. You create a protagonist who gets it right almost every time, and exposes the misperceptions of just about everyone he comes into contact with. And boy do they pay for it, as does he.

Now, on to the next book: Him Her Him again The End of Him, by Patricia Marx. Already through Chapter One and have also had many laugh out loud moments. I can't read enough lately, I am going through books as if they were gossip magazines. Voracious is how I would describe it. My brain just wants more more more and I've got enough to feed it, for now.

Sleeping 12-14 hours a day has really helped my brain bounce back. Lately I've been back to the old speed of ideas and manic sort of writing ready pages first draft. I am happy, singing and dancing as I cook or drive. I sat today for 2 hours listening to a biographical documentary on the English monarchy while writing on here and reading drafts for revision.

I am tired now. My sleep is calling.

No comments:

When I was 29 and all the world was in front of me and I was unselfconscious and world-building. Internally, I built worlds of sound, color,...