Thursday, November 01, 2012

Nick Mount on It's A Good Life, If You Don't Weaken






Another brilliant lecture by Nick Mount. Tears fall down my throat, in pathetically desperate gulps, as I listen.

Start at the beginning, or, start at
17:40 and then peer into my own soul, too.

20:22 - Quest of my poetry, also.

22:37 - That voice, which is also versioned in my head. The one whose will asserts itself over my life, slapping my cold fingers as they tentatively flutter up toward the sun for their small share of warmth.

26:00 - is the key to the paradox. A culture that is a plastic diorama of an older culture...

28:09 - Yes, yes; that is why I seek cathartic relief from writing.





No comments:

When I was 29 and all the world was in front of me and I was unselfconscious and world-building. Internally, I built worlds of sound, color,...